The committee shall be known as the UNESCO-Malaysian National Committee for International Hydrological Programme and shall be referred here after as the UNESCO-IHP Malaysia.
The objectives of the UNESCO-IHP Malaysia are:
- To represent Malaysia on all issues related to the programme of IHP under the UNESCO and participate actively in those programmes.
- To promote and coordinate research programmes on hydrology and water resources in the country and region.
- To promote and coordinate practices on hydrology and water resources.
- To promote and coordinate programmes on education, training and public information on hydrology and water resources.
- The partnership of UNESCO-IHP Malaysia shall be opened to other Ministries, Governmental agencies, Academia and Private agencies involved in hydrology and water resources activities.
- Subject to the approval of UNESCO-IHP Malaysia National Committee (EXCO), non governmental organizations may be accepted as Associate Members of UNESCO-IHP Malaysia.
4. Organisation Structure
- The Director General of the Department of Irrigation and Drainage Malaysia (DID) shall be the Chairperson of UNESCO-IHP Malaysia.
- The Director of Hydrology and Water Resources Division of DID shall be the secretary of UNESCO-IHP Malaysia.
- The National Committee (EXCO) of UNESCO-IHP Malaysia shall consist of the Chairperson, Secretary, Deputy Secretary, Eight (8) other members and the Chairperson for the standing committees. The EXCO shall meet regularly to plan and implement programmes related to hydrology and water resources.
- The Chairperson and Secretary of the UNESCO-IHP Malaysia shall also be the Chairperson and Secretary of the EXCO.